Tuesday, November 10, 2009

::Three Components of Sound: Pitch, Loudness, and Timbre::


I think that it would be nice if we can talk with students about the three components of sound: Pptch, loudness, and timbre. From my point of view it is an interesting topic to talk about. I mean, kids are not accustomed to talk about pitch, loudness or timbre and me neither. Also, I don’t know too many things especially about this topic. It would be great to learn a little bit about it.

I know that kids are not really into this topic. So, I would put a video or something to call their attention. I think that we (teachers) can motivate kids to learn a little bit more about different kind of things, in this case about component of sounds. Topic that I’m sure they are not going to study at home because they want to know about it.

To be honest I think that this would be intellectually stimulating, but I couldn’t do something deeper with little kids. So, in that case I’d just introduce “sounds” and then I would do some exercises listening different sounds. On the other hand, if I had grown up kids I would like to go deeper about sound but not doing boring things about it. I mean, I would show them some exotics videos and them we can share different points of view about it.

I think we can make a boring topic in a fun topic. The key is to have a good activity. So, they can have fun and also learn about what we are talking about.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Fefa!

    Nice way of getting students' attention. Sometimes they are so far away from the class that even if you're dancing or banging your head against the wall, they will never know about that. However, we need to know how to catch them and make fun the boring thing.

    Hm. Sometimes I think that being a teacher is almost like being a magician.

    Take care!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked that you focused not just in showwing students the things they were supposed to learned. you are also interested in having fun you as well as your classmates. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    Children always find things boring...especially when they have to write and stay quietly. However, sounds would make it more fun. The problem is to make it interesting for older students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I think kids would love learn about sounds in a funny way. As we have realized in our Elab kids like to watch movies and things like that. It would be perfect teach them through out funny activities!

    Byee!

    ReplyDelete